ONLINE VIDEO CORRESPONDENCE WORKSHOP FOR EXISTING TEAMS INCLUDING LIVE MEETING PRACTICE WITH COACH
COLLABORATIVE DECISIONS FOR TEAMS
- Are you in a team seeking to make decisions more effectively while ensuring all voices are heard?
- Is your organisation looking to improve its governance system making it more able to respond to changing environment?
- Are you tired of long endless meetings which produce few good results?
If so you should consider:
Learn to make Decisions Collaboratively in Teams
Wouldn’t your team want to embrace the collective wisdom in its decisions? How can we collectively achieve results we all want?
A multi-media online pracital skills learning workshop for existing teams. A combination of self-study videos and readings, guided and marked quizzes and activities online with personalised feedback, and live team interactive practice work with a group coach. Also Ideal for virtual teams.
This course is for existing teams only, on demand, at mutually convenient times and location! The interactive team practice component can be run in situ, or online by synchronous video-conference
Watch this introductory video: The Power of Positive Governance.
The Power of #CollaborativeGovernance from Circle Forward on Vimeo.
Who is the course for?
This course for teams who are already (or are about to be) working together. This can be:
- project teams
- working groups in organisations
- steering committees
- cross-disciplinary or cross-departmental teams
- community teams, or
- or indeed any group of people who are working together on a fixed set of common aims
This workshop is only for such existing working teams. The course has both an online self-study component, as well as, most importantly an interactive practice group work component working in sessiosn with a live coach. The latter can be face to face or virtually by group video-conference, and it is where the skills are actually practiced and improved on, both through shared peer learning and with the coach.
This course is NOT for individuals. However, if you can gather a group of 6 – 12 people (iideally 8-10) and agree in advance on a common aim and a set of decisions to be taken as a group, have a place to meet (or agree to work virtually), then we can consider running the workshop for you. Please contact me.
What will you learn?
The Collaborative Decision-making for Teams module is a first and basic module which teaches teams the fundamental principles and practice of sociocracy, notably collaborative consent-based decision-making. Optionally there are further modules available for teams or businesses wanting to apply deeper levels of sociocracy, or for organisations wanting to apply sociocracy throughout the organisation. While it is a module, as part of a larger programme with more module, it is also self-contained, so it can be taken by itself.
In this module you will learn and practice the basic patterns of:
What will you gain from this workshop?
- More efficient team meetings
- Genuine listening to each other
- Decisions that stick and get executed
- Automatic buy-in
- Feedback loops with self correction
- Unleashing collective wisdom
- Equivalence of voice
- Team harmony while respecting multi-perspectivity
- Fully harnessing the power from diversity of views
How will you learn?
The basic module will give team members the basic skills to be able to make joint consent-based governance decisions and elections. The course comprises of
- staged online video tutorials,
- individual and group tasks and
- self-study activities with online feedback,
- and peer-learning frameworks, all done in the team’s own time.
- 9 hours of face to face group coaching live with a coach
In the team coaching sessions the team practices decision-making using actual issues they have to take decisions on as a group. The 9 hours comprise of three 3-hour sessions, which can be in person (eg at team’s premises), by video-conference or a combination, making it cost effective. The course is thus also ideal for virtual teams.
Each participant has access to the workshop materials online, to a discussion forum, to a personalised online learning plan and online test, quizzes and activities with feedback. The coach will also have access to each learner’s online progress so that he/she can help and support each learner in a personalised way.